The ownership of lands by foreign nationals is governed under the Alien's Landholding Regulations by the laws of St.Vincent and the Grenadines. Foreigners who wish to acquire land(s) within St.Vincent and the Grenadines must obtain the Alien's Landholding Licence (ALHL) from the Government. Applications are made through the office of the Prime Minister and registered via an Attorney-at-Law.

Required Documents:

  • The Applicant C.V. document to contain the following information:
  • Full Name of Applicant
  • Home Address
  • Date of Birth
  • Place of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Passport number/ Place and date of issue
  • Marital Status
  • Occupation
  • Character Reference
  • Any other detail that may be relevant to the application.
  • Certified copy of Letter of reference from your Bankers
  • Certified copy of Police Record
  • Four (4) copies of Alien Land Holding Licence application
  • Four (4) copies of Survey Plans
  • Valuation of property
  • Relevant fees.
  • (NB Medical is often required now)
  • Purpose of the Aliens Land Holding Licence

Processes Leading up to the Alien Land Holding Licence (ALHL):

  1. Sale Agreement:
    • This usually takes approximately (3) months
    • This is also subject to ALHL approval by Cabinet
  2. Schedule of Title / Abstract of Title:
    • Location and description of land
  3. Survey Plan:
    • Four (4) Copies required
  4. A cover letter addressed to the Cabinet Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office:
    • This is usually completed by the lawyer hired to process the ALHL
  5. Governor General’s License / Alien Land Holding License:
    • See necessary Details for ALHL attached
    • See Rules and regulations for the ALHL
  6. Conveyance:
    • This is the deed, and will be transferred between the vendor and the purchaser.

Contact us

Consulate of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
55 Town Centre Court Suite 403
Toronto, Ontario M1P 4X4 CANADA
Tel: 01 416 398 4277
Fax: 01 647 438 5312


Government Portal

Tourism Authority